
Savannah had her 18 month old checkup yesterday. She got the last 2 baby shots and the flu shot and she was not happy! Its always so very hard for me to hold her down while she gets her shots, it breaks my heart every time. Savannah weighed in at 25lbs 13oz (75% for weight) and 34 inches long (98% for height). Anytime someone guesses Savannah's age, they guess around 2! Savannah is so funny and makes us laugh all the time. She makes the funniest faces and we can tell she will have a sense of humor like her daddy. She even rolls her eyes at us and no, I didn't teach her this I have no idea where she got it. She has learned so many words in the past month or so and the doctor was impressed with her talking yesterday. Her favorite things to say are Hey dada, hi mama, no no kitty kitty, and dada home (I taught her this because I knew it would melt his heart).
Okay, on to the not so great stuff.... temper, temper! This my darling daughter has. I'm telling you she can throw royal fit! Its a challenge to take her out to eat anymore since she feels she is too big for a high chair or even her stroller. Little miss independent wants down and wants to do her own thing. She fusses when we shop now because she doesn't want to ride in her stroller and I cant put her down because she runs around out of control. Someone told me she will grow out of this and will start to enjoy her stroller again... I sure hope so! I asked Savannah's doctor yesterday what to do when she throws a fit in public and she told me to either leave with her if I can or completely ignore her. The ignoring her is a bit hard when there are people watching as if you were a terrible mother to have a child acting up. I'm doing the best I can and Savannah really is a very sweet baby girl, she just has a strong personality! I have my hands full to say the least. I hope she settles down a bit before her little sister makes her arrival.




Hang in there with the temper, both my older 2 did this exact same thing, and right around their second b'day... it got so much easier. My son hated his stroller so much, he would rock it back and forth until he nearly tipped it over. My sweet Caroline is starting it also, and she's only 14 months. Just take comfort that she's got personality! =)
ReplyDeleteSavannah looks so pretty in the first pic! Wanted to tell you that I took Thomas to Tiny Town on Wednesday and he REFUSED to get in his stroller and I REFUSE to take him in a store when he isn't strapped in one (been there, done that and WON'T do it again!). So I loaded him back up in the car (and fought to get him BACK in the carseat) and went home. We are struggling with those problems, too. Hope this passes SOON!
ReplyDelete