Saturday, April 3, 2010

Princess Pink 1st Birthday Party

We celebrated Savannah's 1st birthday pretty, pink, princess style. I wanted to share all of the details that went into the party, the people who inspired me, and helped me throw this fabulous birthday party. I wanted Savannah's party to have the sweet girly feeling that she has brought to me in her 1st year. I never thought I would love the color pink until I had a daughter. I figured all the next birthdays to come will be filled with Dora The Explorer or whichever cartoon Savannah is into at the time. Therefore, her 1st birthday was more about celebrating that we feel very blessed and love having a daughter.

A very special thank you to Kelly Ferreira Photography out of Pensacola, FL who captured all the the moments from Savannah's party that I wanted to remember forever. I cant say enough about Kelly and her amazing photography skills. You can visit Kelly at kellyferreiraphotograpy.com

We had to have a tiara for our princess of course!


The Birthday Princess on the move!

The party favor bags with homemade chocolate chip cookies made by Savannah's Gran

The Poms in all shades of pink gave the party a sweet flavor. I ordered the poms from PomLove on Etsy. She is so easy to work with and lets you choose all the colors.

Savannah's smash cake was made by The Cake Shop in Pensacola, FL. They made her a giant cupcake to look like the smaller ones. She loved it!

The smash cake before it was s-m-a-s-h-e-d!

I used pink fabric from a local fabric store for the table clothes which was very budget friendly and gave the party the perfect touch of bright pink! The pink spray roses I thought were a steal as I got three bundles for only $10.

Savannah loving her friend Ollie

Baby hugs... So sweet

I ordered Savannah's pettiskirt, leggings, and matching birthday shirt from PettiSkirtStyle.com

Savannah enjoying her birthday cake!

She is definitely daddy's princess! Look at all that FLUFF!

The homemade banner was ordered from Daisy and Dots on Etsy. She will let you choose the fabrics or if you'd rather her do it like I did.. she is very creative!

I made the fire place banner with pictures of Savannah from her first 12 months and hung them with clothes pins that I painted pink.

The toddlers favorite drink... the capri sun!

Opening her presents.. She loves her sunglasses and beach towel!

Hugging her baby doll

We had to change oufits after the mess she made eating her cake!

A group picture of some of Savannah's friends..

Our sweet 1 year old!

I just love the way Kelly Ferreira takes pictures!

All the pink balls gave the kids & toddlers something to play with and were a great decoration for the party adding even more pink. The balls were from Walmart and only 2 dollars a ball!

Loving our birthday girl!

Our little family


My inspiration for Savannah's pink party was from Style Me Pretty. Thank you to everyone I metioned above in this post and to my family for helping me make Savannah's 1st Birthday so special. Also, thank you to all of our friends that came to the party. We love you so much Savannah Grace!


post signature

8 comments:

  1. Oh Kim! Her party looks like it was so pretty and fun! I am so sorry we couldn't make it! I did not realize how exhausted I would be after Ly's party! :) You did so good with her Princess theme... I love how you made it Southern and classy! She'll love the pictures when she's older! I also loved her picture banner you made! What a cute idea! Be on the lookout for Savannah's present and please let me know when you get it... I ordered it on Etsy (don't you just love that site?) and I haven't really heard anything from the seller so I hope it's on it's way to y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet party! Super adorable little one! Great pics!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of your little girls first birthday party. She is precious. I am starting to plan my little girls first birthday party and she's only 6 months old. Where did you get the 2nd birthday outfit? I'm talking about the one with the cupcake top with the white and pink polkadot leggings? I would love to find something like that for her to wear for part of the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love the 2nd outfit too! Where did you get it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the 2nd outfit! Its on Amazon by Mudpie. SO CUTE, with a matching birthday hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ThankYhank you so much!! Sorry girls! I'm just getting this. I got it from Tiny Town but it's by mudpie and can get it online :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. Just wanted to tell you that I was looking at a friend's site (event planner in Rogers, AR) for ideas for my baby girl's 1st bd party. Her website was featured on Creative Party Place...Checked that out and found your photos! LOVED your party! Exactly what we wanted! Pink pink pink .....Understated elegance....feminine... Of course, I had to check out your photographer....low and behold she is from the Pensacola Beach area!!! I live on P'cola beach! Thank you for posting your party on the site! Beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. where did you get her birthday outfits? i love them!!

    ReplyDelete