Tuesday, September 28, 2010

12 weeks and counting...

Until the arrival of our princess Scarlett Rayne!

Its about time that I got started on the nursery which is right now full of boxes and acting as a storage room at our new home. I'm 26 weeks along and before today, all I had gotten were a few matching outfits for the girls. As soon as I found out we were having a baby girl I thought "well, we already have everything we need" and between building a house, moving, and chasing around a toddler, I honestly haven't given this new baby the attention and excitement that I did with my 1st pregnancy. I have 12 weeks left and Scarlett will be here and she will be her very own person. She's not going to just be baby #2, she is going to be Scarlett Rayne as equally important as Savannah Grace and full of her own looks and her own personality! Its about time I get into gear and get full of excitement and get prepared for this little princess's arrival.

So... I went today and ordered Scarlett's new nursery furniture! I ordered it from Siegel's Baby Room in Mobile. The picture is below and I ordered it in vanilla which is slightly off-white. I picked out the bedding a while back since I had to pick a color for the nursery room to be painted before we moved in, but haven't ordered it yet. I am ordering Scarlett's bedding from Javis Davis downtown Fairhope. If you have never seen her stuff, you should check out http://www.javisdavis.com/. Its custom bedding and she gives you samples of all the fabrics so that you can play around with it and see where you want to use each piece. I still haven't decided on the exact order, but I do know it will be made out of the below fabric called "Spring Paisley". I also ordered Scarlett the Ella baby chandelier from Pottery Barn and it looks adorable! Here is a sneak peak of what Scarlett's room will look like after I'm finished...
The crib..
I ordered the crib, dresser with hutch, and night stand (not pictured) all in vanilla

The Spring Paisley collection.. haven't decided where to use each pattern yet, but you get the idea..



The Ella chandelier from Pottery Barn


Also, the nursery is painted Sherwin Williams color - Watery which is a very pretty blue color that matches exact to the blue color in her bedding. Id love to hear anyones ideas or tips for making Scarlett's nursery come to life.. Ive got to make it fit for a princess! She will be here soon!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment