Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I LOVE being a Mom!




We welcomed Savannah Grace into the world on March 25th 2009. She is 10 weeks old today! The last 10 weeks have been some of the most challenging and most rewarding times of our lives. Savannah was extremely fussy her first 4 weeks with us. She would cry all night and all day until her pediatrician diagnosed her with acid reflux. She is on Prilosec now twice a day and it has settled down the acid reflux and she feels much better. We also discovered that Savannah is allergic to dairy. I continue to breast feed her and I cut ALL dairy from my diet so that it doesn't get into her milk. She has been a different baby and we have enjoyed every day with her! Savannah started sleeping through the night last week and sleeps from 10pm-7am. Its been 7 straight nights now, so fingers crossed she keeps it up! I'm finally starting to feel like myself again! Savannah is the biggest blessing to us and its amazing how much I love her. I never knew I could love someone so much. My mom reminded me recently of a card that I had given her one year for mothers day that had a great saying... "The decision to have a child is to accept that your heart will forever walk about outside of your body." This is so very true!

2 comments:

  1. That is so very true Kimmy. Being a mom can be so challenging and rewarding at the same time. It is amazing how quickly you forget about life before them. You think that your life is so great but cannot even imagine the joy they will bring to your lives. In the end it is all worth it. I am so glad you both got everything straight with her acid reflux and allergy to dairy. I am so excited to watch her grow and develp into her own personality. She could not be more perfect:)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You look great and I'm so glad you are enjoying being a mom.

    ReplyDelete